Thai Massage on the Mat Certification:
Level 2: The Prone Position
A medicinal art passed down through generations of doctors and healers in Thailand, this style of massage is received dressed and on a floor level mat. As well as being a common form of indulgence among most Thai people, Traditional Thai Massage is quickly increasing its followers in the West.
Viewed by many as one of the most complete bodywork healing modalities available from the Far East, this healing art seamlessly blends acu-pressure, stretching and guided breathing to impact physical, emotional and spiritual health. The result is a very calming, energizing and restorative session that inspires introspection and the release of old stress holding patterns. No previous level or experience required to take this course. May be taken as part of the 100-hour certification, or as a stand-alone class.
Highlights of the course:
- Origins of Thai Massage
- Sen lines of the posterior body
- Body mechanics for work on a floor level mat for posterior body
- Prone techniques of massage for torso, pelvis & legs
- Stretches for anterior compartment
- Smooth tansitioning from one technique to the next
- Moving Meditation and Hatha Yoga exercises with movement and breath for therapist self care and to use during massage
- Practice, practice, practice!
Instructor: Teba Orueta, LMT, YA-200
Hours: Tues & Thu 4:15PM – 8:45PM
Discounted Price: $325 (4 weeks prior)
Regular Price: $375
Student Price: $225
Deposit: $100 minimum non-refundable deposit