Geriatric Massage Certification:
Level 2: Advanced techniques and final certification
Massage can play a powerful role in the improvement and maintenance of the physical and emotional wellbeing of seniors. Older people vary greatly from each other even though they may be of the same age.Geriatric Massage level 2 will take you one step further in dealing with particular populations who use walkers, wheelchairs, are bedridden and/or suffering from dementia. You will learn technique variations to help comfort them and greatly help their limited mobility. This level also includes a hands-on clinic at a senior living facility.
- In-depth information on the most common age-related health problems and how to work specifically with each, as well as cautions and contraindications
- Medical terminology and symptoms of the most prevailing age-related health problems
- How to select approaches to the diverse afflictions of old age
- Choosing the proper techniques to work under the direction of a prescribing physician
- How to work with clients who have varying degrees of age-related health and mobility problems
- Working in an assisted living facility or nursing home
- Positioning of clients in hospital beds, standard beds, wheelchairs, geriatric chairs and standard massage tables
- Wheelchair and bed bound patients with emphasis on body mechanics.
- Handling clients with various types of paralysis e.g. Flaccid or spastic, and upper or lower extremities
- Working with the incontinent
- Pathologies, and treatments for Diabetic, Stroke and Parkinson’s patients, as well as the causes of these conditions
NOTE: You will be visiting a local Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility for hands-on experience with residents during Days 2 and 3 of this training for live, hands-on application of techniques learned.
Prerequisite: Must have taken Geriatric Massage Level 1 class.
Instructor: Sharon Puszko, LMT
Hours: MON: 6:30-9:30PM; TUE: 9AM – 5PM; WED: 9AM – 4PM
Discounted Price: $395 (within 4 weeks of class start)
Regular Price: $445
Student Reviewer Price: $275
Bundle Certification price L1 – 2: $750
Deposit: $100 minimum non-refundable deposit